Sunday, June 1, 2008

Featured Pipe Smoker: Charles T. Stoneham


Charles T. Stoneham

I can't find anything about Stoneham on Wikipedia or Google. So this is all I know about him. Stoneham was British, and a professional big game hunter and phototgrapher. He authored the book Hunting Wild Beasts with Rifle and Camera (1933). One of his adventures, during the 1920's in Kenya, was unsuccessfully hunting for a mysterious and undocumented (i.e., probably mythical, certainly crypto-) creature that was called the Nandi Bear. This animal had allegedly been savagely attacking villages at night, and ate only the brains of its victims.

When I had previously posted this on another blog, I thought someone had left a comment adding more information about him. But I can't find the comment, and if it was an email, I can't find that, either. It had something to do with another book or books he had authored. So if you have any additional information, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment